Basic Nutrients V
Evergreen's Price: $48.00
- Contains well-absorbed calcium and magnesium citrate and malate minerals.
- Provides tissue-ready folate as 5-MTHF for those with methylation problems or poor conversion of folate to its active form.
- Provides the active, readily usable forms of vitamins B6 and B2.
- Features trace minerals exclusively available from Thorne Research as picolinates and the optimally absorbable chromium nicotinate glycinate chelate.
Basic Nutrients V, Thorne Research's most advanced Basic Nutrients formula, provides a comprehensive multi with calcium, magnesium, and potassium bound to citrate-malate – the most soluble and absorbable of these mineral chelates. Basic Nutrients V contains vitamin K1 and copper, but no iron or iodine, for those not needing supplemental iron (like young men) or who are sensitive to iodine. Basic Nutrients V also contains a full range of trace minerals and a full scope of highly absorbed vitamin co-factors.
The keystone of every nutritional product line is a multiple vitamin-mineral supplement. At Thorne, they believe this is the starting point for every individual's supplementation needs and that these products should contain all the essential nutrients. They also believe that by using the purest, most bioavailable raw materials – those without unnecessary additives and preservatives – every individual's outcome will be optimized.
Why should everyone take a multiple vitamin-mineral supplement?
Nutrition experts agree that, due to the state of the current food supply and because few Americans eat the recommended five servings daily of health-giving fruits and vegetables, a multiple vitamin-mineral formulation should be taken daily. Even the Journal of the American Medical Association, not known as a supporter of dietary supplements, has finally agreed that everyone should take a multi. A multi could be considered "dietary insurance," a small price to pay to be sure you get all the essential nutrients daily, even if you don't eat right. Even greater health benefits can be realized if you eat a healthy diet in addition to taking a multi.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- If pregnant, consult your health-care practitioner before using this product.
- As vitamin K interferes with the effect of anticoagulant drugs (like Coumadin), the concurrent use of these agents should be avoided.
- Folinic acid and 5-methyl-tetrahydrofolate supplementation is not recommended concurrently with methotrexate cancer therapy, as they can interfere with methotrexate's anti-neoplastic activity; however, these folate sources have not been shown to interfere with the anti-inflammatory activity of methotrexate. An individual taking methotrexate for psoriasis or rheumatoid arthritis can safely take a supplement containing folate.
Take 3-6 capsules daily or as recommended by a health-care practitioner.
|Serving Size: Six Capsules|
|Vitamin A (1,875 mcg from Beta Carotene and 750 mcg as Palmitate)||2.63 mg||292%|
|Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid)||850 mg||944%|
|Vitamin D (as Vitamin D3) (1,000 IU)||25 mcg||125%|
|Vitamin E (as d-Alpha Tocopheryl)||268 mg||1,787%|
|Vitamin K (as Vitamin K1)||100 mcg||83%|
|Thiamine (as Thiamine HCl)||40 mg||3,333%|
|Riboflavin (as Riboflavin 5'-Phosphate Sodium)||11 mg||846%|
|Niacin (130 mg as Niacinamide and 30 mg as Niacin)||160 mg||1,000%|
|Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxal 5'-Phosphate)||10 mg||588%|
|Folate (500 mcg as Calcium Folinate and 500 mcg as L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolate† from L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolic Acid, Glucosamine Salt)||1.7 mg DFE||425%|
|Vitamin B12 (225 mg as Adenosylcobalamin and 225 mcg as Methylcobalamin)||450 mcg||18,750%|
|Pantothenic Acid (as Calcium Pantothenate)||413 mg||8,260%|
|Choline (as Choline Citrate)||35 mg||6%|
|Calcium (as 120 mg as Calcium Citrate and 90 mg as Calcium Malate)||210 mg||16%|
|Magnesium (as 90 mg as Magnesium Citrate and 60 mg as Magnesium Malate)||150 mg||36%|
|Zinc (as Zinc Picolinate)||15 mg||136%|
|Selenium (as L-Selenomethionine)||200 mg||364%|
|Copper (as Copper Picolinate)||1.5 mg||167%|
|Manganese (as Manganese Picolinate)||6 mg||261%|
|Chromium (as TRAACS® Chromium Nicotinate Glycinate Chelate)††||200 mcg||571%|
|Molybdenum (as TRAACS® Molybdenum Glycinate Chelate)††||100 mcg||222%|
|Boron (as Bororganic™ Boron Glycinate Complex)†††||3 mg||*|
|Lutein (from Aztec Marigold extract (flower) (Tagetes erecta))||144 mcg||*|
|Vanadium (as Vanadium Picolinate)||100 mcg||*|
|*Daily Value (DV) not established.|
Other Ingredients: Hypromellose (derived from cellulose) capsule, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Calcium Laurate, Silicon Dioxide.
†This product uses Gnosis S.p.A.'s L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolic Acid, Glucosamine Salt (Quatrefolic®). Quatrefolic is a registered trademark of Gnosis S.p.A.
††This product uses Albion's TRAACS® Chromium Nicotinate Glycinate Chelate and Molybdenum Glycinate Chelate. TRAACS is a registered trademark of Albion International, Inc.
†††This product uses Albion's Bororganic™ Boron Glycinate Complex. Bororganic is a trademark of Albion International, Inc.